PEOPLE ON PURPOSE ROAD TRIPOUR NATIONAL CAMPAIGN TO IMPROVE AUSTRALIAN WELLBEING
WHY?The state of wellbeing in our country is no longer something we can sit back and watch.
- 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by 85.
- $10.9 Billion is spent on stress leave each year.
- In Australia, it's estimated that 45 per cent of people will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime.
- More people die from overdoses from alcohol and drugs (including pharmaceuticals) than road accidents every year.
- Every 3 hours an Australia kills themselves.
The number of suicides has increased by 20% over the last decade, while the road toll has reduced by 25% in the same timeframe.
We believe the Collective Potential Road Trip is an opportunity for everyone - ordinary Australians, corporate Australia, grassroots community services and all in between - to start a national conversation about wellbeing. We want to change not only community attitudes but also individual behaviour.
WHAT WE ARE DOING ABOUT ITRolling out our proven model to wider Australia with a little help from our friends
We plan to:
- Drive the circumference of Australia in a motorhome, creating an approachable device for people to engage with across the country
- Visit as many communities as possible to run events, coaching services and corporate learning programs to get people on purpose
- We will collaborate to promote local wellbeing resources in each area and raise awareness of their services
- Mobilise individuals via an ambassador program to support their community beyond the road trip, providing resources and leadership training
- Build a national movement that Australian people, businesses, media and government can get behind to work towards sustainable change
HOW TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORTWe invite you to get behind this important campaign by taking action
Sign up below to receive updates, attend an event or become an ambassador
We have a lot of ground to cover so every little bit helps. Give 1000 cents ($10) or 1000 dollars to help us reach our goal of $100K, funding the Road Trip and providing Pay It Forward tickets to events across Australia.
*This is a non-tax deductible contribution to the People on Purpose campaign. Tax deductions are available for large donations, please contact us via our website for more information.